[chirp_users] KG-UV9D Mate issues, debug, and proposed change

Dan Smith
Sat Mar 25 21:22:13 PDT 2023

Hi Jonathan,

> I'd like to report some issues with the KG-UV9D Mate support.
> I have debugged some channel memory loading issues and would like to report my findings and suggested changes. I can report what works for my scenario but of course you may have more information about previously reported issues with this radio so my proposed changes are only suggestions on how to deal with the issues.
>
> My testing and debug has all been done with CHIRP-next from github.com/kk7ds/chirp, commit 60f989ccb337ad4a36a24bcc964948ae453c47cf
> and using the "KG-UV9D Plus" driver as recommended on a table I found on the website.

This is a users list with a couple thousand non-developers on it. It would be better if you could open an issue[1] on the website to discuss, and then a PR with the actual changes and we can discuss and loop the right people in there. Alternately you could post this to the devel list (see [2]) but if you've got a patch we might as well just go straight there.

Thanks!

--Dan

[1] https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues
[2] https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Developers