[chirp_users] BF-F8HP

strice2022
Mon Mar 13 13:41:41 PDT 2023

Hi,

I just downloaded the most recent CHIRP-next MacOS version chirp-next-20230311.app.zip on MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 on M1 processor.

I was able to download from my radio and upload. I did find 2 possible issues that I did not find a bug report for.

1 - when I selected the download from radio, I selected the wrong port. After it could not connect, all options on all menu items were greyed out, I could not even quit Chirp. I had to kill it. Is this expected behavior?

2 - I had selected query source -> RepeaterBook. Selected state of Colorado, filter of a county, and Limit bands to 2 meter and 70 centimeter and ran ok. It came up with a list of repeaters. I then selected RepeaterBook again, selected another county, limit bands was not selected but when I clicked on it, it showed what I had selected before. Then had to click OK each time.

Is this expected behavior? Would have been nice to already have it selected.

Onrepeaterbook.com website you can filter by state and highway. Is this something you might be able to do in the future with chirp-next? Could be useful traveling cross country.

I can write a bug report if needed.

Thanks,

Steve
KF0IHT