[chirp_users] installing CHIRP-next problems

Jeffrey Vian
Thu Mar 9 13:52:48 PST 2023

It still may impact the installation of wxpython though since that was
where I hit the snag.
It is already installed so I did not remove it and attempt a reinstall.

Jeff
KI7GJG

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 3:50 PM Jeffrey Vian <sandhillsinvestment at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the hint.  I removed attrdict and installed attrdict3, then
> reverted my changes to the system file to original and chirp works well.
>
> It would be nice if detailed instructions for Fedora and rpm based distros
> were included since the site only shows how to do an install on Ubuntu.
> Package names are not the same and several necessary dependencies are not
> listed.
>
> Luckily I have some experience with installing python packages, but not
> all users do.
>
> Jeff
> KI7GJG
>

> On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 11:51 AM Martin Cooper <mfncooper at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rather than changing Python code, removing attrdict and installing
>> attrdict3 should do the trick. But since you have it working now ...
>>
>> It would fail with Python 3.10 too, since that's when the removals
>> happened. With 3.9 and earlier, it should be fine, albeit with some
>> deprecation warnings that have been there since 3.3.
>>
>> Martin.
>> KD6YAM
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 9:38 AM Jeffrey Vian <
>> sandhillsinvestment at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> attrdict was definitely used by wxpython.  I installed it using pip,
>>> then the noted errors popped up.
>>> I was able to work around the problem by adding the following lines to
>>> `/usr/lib64/python3.11/collections/__init__.py`
>>>
>>> "
>>> from _collections_abc import Mapping
>>> from _collections_abc import MutableMapping
>>> from _collections_abc import Sequence