[chirp_users] installing CHIRP-next problems

Jeffrey Vian
Thu Mar 9 08:06:12 PST 2023

I run Fedpra Linux version 37 which has python 3.11

I have previously used CHIRP and am upgrading to the newer python3 version
but am encountering several issues.  Each time I try to launch the new
version I get an error, and have been working through them one at a time
(which mostly requires installing a python package not previously
installed).

I have, however, hit one that I cannot find the proper fix for.
----
        File
"/home/USERNAME/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/attrdict/mapping.py",
line 4, in <module>
          from collections import Mapping
      ImportError: cannot import name 'Mapping' from 'collections'
(/usr/lib64/python3.11/collections/__init__.py)
      [end of output]
----
Looking at the collections module installed for the system it does not seem
to have the Mapping module as the error states and I cannot figure out how
to fix that issue.  Does someone with python experience have any
suggestions?

Jeff
KI7GJG