[chirp_users] Prolific Chip On Windows 11

Jim Unroe
Thu Mar 2 20:14:25 PST 2023

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 10:08 PM Gary V. Smith <gvsmith5 at frontier.com> wrote:

> How does one "lock" a driver in place.  Some people have suggested shutting Windows Update off after installing version v3.2.0.0, but I'd rather not do that.  Thanks.
>
> 73,
> Gary - W6GVS

Windows 10 is stubborn about this. Windows 11 is even more stubborn.
The driver will almost always be updated to the latest version when
other updates are installed. Most of the time the driver that you want
(v3.2.0.0) is still installed, you just have to go to Device Manager
and select it again. But there are times when the driver you want
(v3.2.0.0) is uninstalled and you will have to install and select it
again. So keep the v3.2.0.0 installer handy.