[chirp_users] help

Jim Unroe
Thu Mar 2 10:07:01 PST 2023

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 11:10 AM Craig via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> I am a newbie to the radio programming world. I have the newest version of CHIRP. I have several questions. I live in north central Nevada in a very rural area and I want to program my Baofeng UV-R5 pro to the most common freq. for this area so if STHTF. CHIRP has several openstock configurations was which ones to use? Also how do you export then to the radio once you choose? I tried to to click on the upload to radio and it is "grayed" out.
> Any help is appreciated Thanks C

The stock config files are generic CSV files. You cannot directly
upload a CSV file into a clone mode style radio like the UV-R5(?).
This is the reason that the Upload selection is "greyed" out. You can
only upload tabs that were created by downloading from your radio or
by loading a file that was previously created by downloaded from your
radio and saved.

What you then do is to download from your radio to create a tab that
is compatible with your radio. Once the download is successful you
will save this tab to a native CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) file to be
kept as a backup. Then load the desired stock config file into a
second tab. Now with 2 tabs open you can copy-and-paste as desired
from the second tab into the first tab that was created from your
radio. Once you are finished editing the first tab, you then upload
the tab for your radio back into your radio. If all functions as
desired, don't for get to save that tab to CHIRP "image" file.