[chirp_users] CHIRP Tips Videos

Danny K5CG
Wed Jun 28 17:47:56 PDT 2023

Adding the CI with the default path to the config file that could then be edited, would be a perfectly acceptable solution and still no need for a config dialog. :)

Thanks
Danny

73
Danny, K5CG
HH 550-000-0609
SKCC 14257

----- Original Message -----
From: "chirp users" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
To: "chirp users" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2023 4:38:23 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] CHIRP Tips Videos

> It believe it would be useful for both Windows and Linux versions to be able to define a custom path for stock config files.
>
> I use Nextcloud extensively and I created a folder for configurations for all sorts of programs, Filezilla xml site definitions, mRemoteNG xml, etc. This configuration folder is sync'd across every PC I use. This could be used for any cloud integration like OneDrive or Google drive and is independent of %APPDATA% and would never be lost unless you intentionally delete it.

Yep, I do something similar, so this makes sense to me. I've always kinda tried to keep CHIRP sort of "stateful" without a need for a prefs dialog, and things like this are hard to expose without one. But, there are a number of sort of "hidden" features that you can enable directly in the config, and this seems like a reasonable thing to add to that list:

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/AdvancedConfig

So I'll work on that and add it to the list above when it's available.

Thanks!

--Dan