[chirp_users] CHIRP Tips Videos

Dan Smith
Tue Jun 27 20:13:31 PDT 2023

Hi all,

There is a lot of useful content out on youtube that provides step-by-step instructions for some general workflows with CHIRP. However, there are a lot of other things you can do with CHIRP that never seem to get covered. Lately as I have helped people adjust to some of the things that are different in CHIRP next, I've been thinking that it might be nice to have a set of very short to-the-point videos that cover some of the more obscure features. Things you may or may not know about, or that you feel you don't quite understand enough to use properly, or things that have been added and gone unnoticed. Videos covering how to do something in CHIRP legacy may no longer be accurate or helpful today.

Now, I'm not an influencer and I never will be. I'm not a cinematographer, narrator, or artist. Videos I make will never have the pizzaz of HRCC or some of the other people in the business. I'm an engineer and I'm only good at drawing straight lines and right angles. I don't want to make movies, I want to work on CHIRP. But, I can make short low-budget demonstration videos with dry voiceovers and probably help explain things better, so I figured I might give it a go.

I've published the first video on custom stock configurations here:

https://youtu.be/U3s5cT3IAco

It's a little rough and I promise the next one will be better. If these are useful to you, please let me know here and subscribe to the channel so I can gauge interest. I have at least a few other topics that I think are not often well understood that I can cover in future videos, and let me know if you have other ideas. I want to keep these mostly radio-neutral, meaning they should be about how to use CHIRP in general, and not how to program a UV-5R. Josh already has that sort of thing covered. If it seems like making more of these is worth the trouble, I'll do that.

Be gentle! :)

--Dan