[chirp_users] Errors when trying to read from Icom IC-92AD

Joe Martine
Fri Jun 16 16:45:18 PDT 2023

Today I received a cable for my Kenwood TH-F6A and find it has the same problem as the Icom. These two are the only "live mode" radios I've tried, perhaps my issue is more generally with live mode?

The TH-F6A cable is a USB version, branded Maxton Data.  When connecting to the radio most memory channels are red, a few actually show up correctly.  This time I tried adding some data to an empty memory that was successfully read.  Surprisingly, this does *usually* work.  A couple of times the frequency would show up in the radio, but when I added an offset or tone the software seemed to indicate it was sent (green highlight then back to white) but the radio never showed the change.  On one entry I made another change (change step size or something) and BOTH changes finally showed up on the radio.

While Chirp was trying to read the memories the console showed many repeats of "Unexpected result returned from radio" and "Not sure what to do with this:" followed by either a '0' or a line of gibberish.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions to try?

Thanks,
Joe