[chirp_users] Adding Groups of memories for KT-2140

Dan Smith
Wed Jun 14 20:11:59 PDT 2023

> I have one image from the KT-2140 where the memories are divided into 3 Groups, when I want to program the radio from blank, how do I create Groups, cannot find any buttons or instructions.

Are you asking about the Kenwood TK-2140? Your subject and message say KT instead of TK.

This radio, like a number of other commercial radios that are sort of architecturally different than what chirp expects, are a bit odd. Under 'Settings' you can increase the number of Zones (groups). But, you need to save the image and then close/re-load the image before chirp will notice and construct another memories tab for it.

I'm very interested in your experience with this radio. I have a single TK-3140 myself and wrote this driver for it, but I have never known anyone else to use it. So, if you find issues please open bugs and if you have other comments (even if it's just "it works") I'd be interested to hear.

--Dan