[chirp_users] BF-F8HP - UHF Not Supported

Jim Unroe
Mon Jun 12 20:02:37 PDT 2023

There is a "bit" in the memory that CHIRP "looks" at to determine if you
are using a VHF/UHF radio or one of the no longer available VHF/220 radios
(UV-5RAX and UV-82X come to mind). Your image has this bit to the value
that tells CHIRP that your radio is a VHF/220 model so it enables the 220
MHz band and removes the UHF band. You can verify this by trying to enter
frequencies in the 220-260 MHz range. If that works, then this is the
reason.

Open a ticket, attach a freshly downloaded image from your radio and I will
correct it for you.

Jim KC9HI