[chirp_users] Is it possible to support the Baofeng UV-17 Pro GPS radio (and related models)?

Terri Kennedy
Wed Jun 7 22:55:47 PDT 2023

   [I figured I'd ask here first before opening a feature request
in the issue tracker. If the answer is "no way", I'll pursue other
programing methods.]

   There has been a lot of excited talk on the Baofeng Owner's Club
Facebook group about the UV-17 Pro GPS. A number of people have
received these radios and they're very interesting / nice, with a
number of new features.

   CPS software 1.2.4 is available from:
https://www.miklor.com/RadioSoftware/Baofeng%20UV-PROs%20v124.zip
and is apparently generic for the UV-17/18/19/20/21/22 Pro.

   I believe some earlier investigation of other newer Baofeng
models resulted in a determination that the memory format was un-
like any other Baofeng / clone previously seen. But this does
seem to be a [mostly] common format across a whole new series of
radios.

   If needed, I can provide one UV-17 Pro GPS on loan for develop-
ment and can contribute another to the lab for ongoing release
testing.