[chirp_users] Another group besides dialout

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sun Jun 4 17:49:57 PDT 2023

I'd do this.

As root (or under sudo su) install mlocate.

Then update database by this command (continuing as root).

updatedb

Then find "chirpw".

locate chirpw

Find the location, then list the file with -l so you can get the owner and
group.

ls -l ./(full path to chirpw)

Then see if you're a member of the group chirp belongs to.

You're probably not (thus you cannot use the chirpw file as user) so just
add yourself to that group using the root account.

Best wishes,
David N1EA