[chirp_users] Pofung P8UV programming

eric.fort at fortconsulting.org
Wed Jul 26 10:33:02 PDT 2023

A friend of mine, not knowing any better acquired 2 pofung P8UV radios,
FCC ID: 2AJGM-P51UV.

The fact that the FCC's own website  ( https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid
) shows no record of this ID (though interestingly https://fcc.io
does?!!!!!, now who owns FCC.io?) leaves me a bit concerned..... But
that's another topic.

I'm trying to figure out how to program these to at least listen to
other things than the channels they came with.  The supported radio's
list says P8UV _(use Radioddity UV-5G)_ but that does not work.  I get
"Error communicating with radio, Radio did not respond.".  That said, I
have verified the correct serial port being used and followed the
directions about turning the radio on and off, etc.  The radio is on and
everything plugged in as far as I can tell properly but I still get the
above error after repeated attempts.  Chirp works fine programming my
ANYTONE UV5888UVIII.

Ideas,

Thanks,

Eric