[chirp_users] Can't connect to BTECH UV-25X2-Gen2

Jim Unroe
Sat Jul 15 16:54:25 PDT 2023

> I get "Error reading data from radio"  I'm using this cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017MT7IFG  It is plugged in all the way!

Are you sure you are plugged into the DATA port? The speaker/mic port
in the back is right next to it making it easy to plug into the wrong
one (don't ask me how I know).

> I cannot find a debug.log  There is no option for one in my CHIRP  (CHIRP next-20230712 on Python 3.8.10 wxPython 4.0.7 gtk3 (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.0.4)  And none is created in ~/.chirp  While CHIRP is still running:

Click 'Help' in the menu bar. In the dropdown list you should see
'Open debug log' and 'Show debug log location'.