[chirp_users] Question About Chirp and Baofeng

Michael A Prater
Tue Jul 11 10:17:31 PDT 2023

Hi Ken

Thank you. I am a new radio user, trying to figure out how to program and scan channels. I have programmed quite a few manually, and finally can see the programming in Chirp. But I don’t see the Tuning Step column. The stock configs show this column.

It’s a Baofeng BF-F8HP
I just updated to Chirp-Next from the file chirp-next-20230711.app.zip for Mac (I was using an earlier version of Chirp prior to this when I sent the original email)

I cross referenced one of the GMRS lines and see  a difference in the mode, but I am unsure of the tuning step since I cannot see that column from the Baofeng image.

I appreciate your very quick response!