[chirp_users] CSV Uploading Issues

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Mon Jul 10 07:05:12 PDT 2023

Don't use Microsoft Excel in Chirp. It doesn't work. If you must use  a spreadsheet, use LibreOffice.

Better still, cut/copy/paste between sheets in Chirp. The only thing yoou cant do in Chirp is sort entries.

> On 10/07/2023 09:29 EDT Benjamin Lent <belinspections at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Don't know what I am doing wrong.
>
> Radio: Baofeng UV-5R
> Platform: Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1, Macbook M1
> Chirp: Recently updated
> Using Microsoft Excel
>
> I have downloaded my memory from my radio, exported to csv, cut and copied the frequencies and names to the correct column and save the file. However, when I upload the file to CHIRP, it only shows the previously existing memories, none of the new. I have tried every which way to save the files, uploading them, re-downloading software. Can't seem to figure it out. Any help out all is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
>
> Benjamin Lent
>
> BEL Inspection Services Ltd.
>
> Cell: 780-977-0439
>
> Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
> _______________________________________________ chirp_users mailing list chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users This message was sent to Nigel Gunn, W8IFF at nigel at ngunn.net To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com To report this email as off-topic, please email chirp_users-owner at intrepid.danplanet.com Searchable archive: https://www.mail-archive.com/chirp_users@intrepid.danplanet.com

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net