[chirp_users] Icom IC-80AD HT - Assigning Channel Banks

Doug Scoda
Fri Jan 27 13:48:25 PST 2023

Hello all,

>From the best I can figure, the IC-80AD is similar D-Star version of the
ID-80H.

I can use the ID-80H profile to download and upload memory channels to my
IC-80AD. I see the Memories Group, Bank Group and Settings Group. All
channel memories, Banks and Settings match the radio.

>From the radio keypad I am able to create Banks in the IC-80AD and add
memory channels to those banks. The bank entries get populated with an
index number. When I scan in bank mode, all is well and it works as intended

In Chirp, when I try to assign a memory location to a check box in the
Banks tab, the bank check box is assigned, but the bank index number is
defaulted to zero. I can't figure out how to edit the bank index numbers on
those entries.

If an unindexed bank is uploaded to the radio, the banks do not scan,

Am I missing something on how to edit the index numbers?

-ds