[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82 Preprogrammed Channels

John Wuest
Sun Jan 15 03:14:04 PST 2023

The channels that are in a Baofeng from the factory are factory testing
frequencies and MUST NEVER be transmitted on. Additionally, those
frequencies are not always the same.
(1) Where does your friend live?
(2) Will he be testing online or in-person? If in-person, perhaps the VEs
could help or know of someone locally who would help him.
(3) Perhaps there is a ham club in his area. Usually, a club member will
help him.
(4) Is there someone in his household who could help him if you talked them
through it on the phone?
(5) If #4 is yes, they could install CHIRP for him and download an image
file from his radio and send it to you for customization. Then you send it
back for them to upload into his radio.
(6) The least desirable option is for him to send his radio to you for
programming.

Good luck and 73 - John, KZ4KY