[chirp_users] help running chirp-next on RPI

K0LNY_Glenn
Sat Jan 14 14:54:14 PST 2023

Are there not any problems installing it as root?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike W" <pencoys at gmail.com>
To: "Dan Smith via chirp_users" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2023 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] help running chirp-next on RPI

At present I don't have a radio that chirp talks to so I'm unable to
test further, but 'chirp-latest' appears to be functional on my
Raspberry Pi 4 following the info in this thread. 73 Mike G8NXD.

====

$ sudo apt install git python3-wxgtk4.0 python3-serial python3-six
python3-future python3-requests python3-pip

Then grab the tarball and run "pip install" on the tarball

If you ran the above as your own user, then ~/.local/bin is where they are.
If you ran it as root, it should put it in /usr/local/bin.
====