[chirp_users] Novel solution to Baofeng UV-5R's "Radio did torespond" problem?

K0LNY_Glenn
Fri Jan 6 09:55:57 PST 2023

Another approach is to bevel the four edges with a pocket knife, affectively making the insertion piece a bit smaller, because it may not be the flat surface that is the problem, but the outer diameter of the plug.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Hansen
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2023 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Novel solution to Baofeng UV-5R's "Radio did torespond" problem?

Glad you got the combination working, sounds like you determined it was a mechanical issue, not software, so that's good.

I'd encourage you to find someone with a working Baofeng setup and try their cable with your radio and your cable with their radio. Simply comparing the K connectors on the two cables may be instructive, showing you where a bit more shaving may make the connector fit better, work more reliably.

Good luck,

Ken