[chirp_users] Novel solution to Baofeng UV-5R's "Radio did to respond" problem?

Graham Christensen
Fri Jan 6 07:36:36 PST 2023

Hey folks,

Debugging tonight I managed to get my radio to talk to CHIRP a few
times, but very unreliably. I trimmed the connector and made sure it was
well plugged in. I even updated to the next -nightly in case that
helped. No.

Eventually what I figured out something that works 100% of the time for
me: squeezing the radio and programming adapter tightly in my hands
while programming.

Thanks for CHIRP, it was very easy to re-join the world of ham radio and
get connected to a lot of local repeaters.

73,
KI4VCD