[chirp_users] New chirp-next build

Denis Lynch
Mon Jan 2 22:04:03 PST 2023

With all did respect, this statement is not correct:

"Win-7 ... runs very stable for all my applications except Chirp-Next"

In fact, chirp-next is not one of you applications that runs great on
Win-7. It's the current version of chirp that runs fine, and there's no
reason to expect that to change. Rather, chirp-next is effectively a new
application that you're interested in using. But it's a new application,
and it has new requirements that your current system doesn't meet. So
you're fine for now, until you decide you really want a new edition of
chirp. Then you'll have to decide if the improvements in chirp justify a
Windows upgrade.

It's really pretty cool that you have a system that still meets your needs
after, what, 8 years? I've never managed that! I have a printer about that
age, but everything around it has changed!

73, and happy chirping