[chirp_users] New chirp-next build

henry at n6hcm.com
Mon Jan 2 13:10:20 PST 2023

Right. You’ll have to continue to use the old version of chirp (which likely works with your existing radios), and you can continue to use it on your old computer. Nothing will change for you (just make sure to keep a copy of the old chirp installer around).

Shiny nice new software wants to run on nice shiny new hardware and operating systems that are being actively supported by their manufacturers. The old chirp will be as frozen in time as your old computer is now. If you choose to get a new radio that isn’t supported in the old chirp then maybe consider getting a new computer first.

What, actually, is the problem?

*	Henry N6HCM