[chirp_users] New chirp-next build

Dean Berglund
Mon Jan 2 07:14:03 PST 2023

Tony, you are correct although just because Microsoft doesn't support
Windows 7 doesn't mean a program can't still work on Windows 7. there
are a lot of hams I know that are still using Win-7 like I am and it
runs very stable for all my applications except Chirp-Next. So now I
have to use the older version of Chirp and am forced to get a newer
machine with Windows 10 or 11 just to use the Next version of Chirp.
Then I have to reinstall all the other programs onto the new machine. We
hams are cheap and/or live on a fixed income. Look at the majority of
hams. I do like the fact there is a new version of Chirp, I just wish I
could use it on my machine. i was even tempted to send in a donation
until I found out I couldn't use it. Like I said, I do wish it would
have been more apparent that the new next version of Chirp will not run
on Win-7.