[chirp_users] What's next for CHIRP

W Paul Mills
Sun Jan 1 20:11:43 PST 2023

On 1/1/23 20:03, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2023 at 8:44 PM W Paul Mills <ac0hy at wpmills.com> wrote:
>> Initial impression:
>>
>> On windows 10 -- screen hard to read point size of text too small and light.
>>
>> On Ubuntu 22.04.1 -- can't figure out how to get it to run.
>>
> Ubuntu - chirp should be installed in /usr/bin/chirpw.
>
> Try running "chirpw" in a terminal - I use MATE and my terminal is
> mate-terminal; other terminals work as well.
>
> If you haven't rebooted, try that, if it is still not there, try
> installing xfce4-appfinder that should now shop up in "Accessories" -
> "Application Finder" - (on my system, CHIRP right below that menu
> item) - chirp will show up if you start typing "chirp".
> I've seen Debian based distros install CHIRP under "Network" and I
> overlooked it several times.
>
> Lastly add a launcher to the menu manually.
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/16825/how-can-i-add-and-change-items-in-my-applications-menu
>
> 73
>
> DR
NOPE!  Found it on the github.com, that one works. Files missing in link
location in Dan's email.

Doesn't display properly with dark themes -- my usual setup.

The file 'chirpwx.py' and 'INSTALL' and others are missing. Can be run
from source directory with 'chirpwx.py' added.

Paul / AC0HY

--
* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                     *