[chirp_users] uv5r plus corrupt img file

K0LNY_Glenn
Sat Feb 25 10:47:37 PST 2023

Good call Jim,
I didn't catch that Adrian was trying to open it outside of Chirp.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Unroe" <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2023 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] uv5r plus corrupt img file

On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 1:26 PM Adrian Norcross <adym1zrp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to programming radios so please bear with me. I have downloaded
> some frequencies from my radio through Chirp to a folder on my computer.
> When I try to open the folder I get a message saying that the "disk image
> file is corrupted" . I have downloaded a uv5r image file from the internet
> and I get the same message.
>
> Could anyone advise me as to a fix.
>
> Many thanks
> Adrian.

There is nothing to "fix". The Windows default for the '.img'
extension is a "disk image file". So when you double-click it, Windows
is trying to mount it as a disk file system. Since it is not a disk
image, it appears corrupt to Windows (and it should).

All you need to do is to launch CHIRP and then use File -> Open (Ctrl
+ O shortcut) to locate and load your previously saved file.