[chirp_users] Help in Code Modification and Information Gathering

Chris
Thu Dec 28 01:12:45 PST 2023

Hallo and good morning,

anybody on the list active in programming and can tell me, how to get
information aboput data structures and communication protocol on serial
tty, to understand what is happening?

I want to modify code to add support for anytone at 5555 and have no
idea how to get it.

I thought about sniffing rs232 from a windows machine to reverse
engineering, but have and want no windows machine here.

Now i am searching for a short intruduction or some tips where to get
the information without analyzing serial port communication.

Maybe some handy developers are present on that list and can send me a
bit information.

In the case of success, of course i will share my results!

Best regards

Chris

(I am able in programming C)