[chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Importing Problems

K0LNY
Sun Aug 20 16:11:38 PDT 2023

Well I mentioned that I did edit it in notepad.
But I sure don't know what would make it not importable in Chirp.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Hansen
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2023 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Importing Problems

Why do you keep opening the CSV file in a spreadsheet? Granted it's easier to read in a spreadsheet, but somewhere along the line it seems your CSV file got corrupted.

Try opening the CSV file in notepad, it won't add anything to the file that might cause these problems.

My suggestion:

A) Start with a brand-new, fresh CSV file
B) Open the file in Notepad (you may have to right-click on the file and use "Open with..." to select Notepad
C) Edit the file as you like, and save it to the exact same name if you can, if not, be sure to retain the file suffix (like .CSV)
D) Try to import the updated file

You could try importing the CSV file immediately after you export it - don't touch it at all - to ensure you are starting with a known-good file.

Hope this helps,

Ken, N2VIP