[chirp_users] _valid_tones

Jim Unroe
Wed Aug 16 06:44:30 PDT 2023

Dan,

I was just brought to my attention that the rb15.py driver has selections
for tones in one Hz increments from 56.0 to 64.0 Hz. Doing some looking
around I see that there is a "TONES_EXTRA" in chirp_common.py that matches
these tones.

It appears that the default tones have been changed from TONES to TONES +
TONES_EXTRA. I don't know why this change was made, but now every radio I
have tested, whether they support it or not, has these 10 additional tones
appended to their list of tones.

[image: TONES_EXTRA.png]

Can this be changed back or do I need to make a plan to address this in the
individual drivers for each of the affected radios?

Jim