[chirp_users] Legacy support question--Programming Talkpod A36+

Dan Smith
Mon Aug 7 16:24:06 PDT 2023

> I am still using the last legacy version of Chirp.  I just acquired a Talkpod A36+ but can't find how to program it manually and hooking it up to Chirp can not talk to the radio but Talkpod is not in the list.  I tried Baofeng UV5R but that did not work.  Has anyone else programmed the Talkpod A36+ using Chirp?  I tried searching for programming instructions to do it manually but all hits were to a youtube video and used Chirp.

The legacy version of CHIRP is unmaintained. That means there have been no changes since Dec 2022. The A36 was added in June 2023, which means it is not and will not be available in the legacy version.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/ChirpNextBuild#What-to-expect-for-the-future

--Dan