[chirp_users] Programming ICOM IC-7100

Michael Nadler KI7QIB
Sat Aug 5 23:09:54 PDT 2023

I cannot get CHIRP to properly program an ICOM 7100.  Can someone provide
the explicit steps they use to program their ICOM IC-7100?

Computer, running Windows 10, is connected to the 7100's Remote port via
USB cable.

CHIRP works fine programming a Kenwood D710G in live mode.  I'm following
the same steps:

- Download from the radio
  - use "help me" to find the com port
  - set Vendor/model to ICOM/IC-7100
  - tab opens with a copy of what's programmed in the radio
- Import from file...
  - select the CSV file with several hundred entries
  - click Import
  - random channels are programmed; others show red numbers,
    which is an error indication

Can no longer download from radio -- the program reports "permission
error".
I have to restart CHIRP in order to download from the radio.
After the restart and download, if I use cut/paste to update say 20 entries
-- entries are programmed randomly -- same result as with import.

I've searched the mail archives -- some people report problems, tentative
solutions are proposed (without documenting specific steps), but no one
posts any resolution.

This radio programs perfectly with RT Systems software.  But their software
uses clone mode, not live mode.

--
Michael Nadler
KI7QIB