[chirp_users] Can't install on Ubuntu 23.04

Dan Smith
Tue Apr 25 19:22:40 PDT 2023

> I have a question. I just pulled from git. I didn't see that whl file.
> Is there a different way to install when pulling from git?

The wheel is built during the build process, so you can find them here:

https://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_next/next-20230425/

Just FYI, installing from git will not get you everything you need as some of the assets get built and put into the right place only during the build process. It also means you don't get a version stamped into your chirp which makes it really hard for us if you report a bug, and may also impact some of the data query services where chirp reports its version to them during the query for compatibility and other type stuff.

--Dan