[chirp_users] Programming the QYT KT-8900D

Tom
Wed Sep 21 18:17:00 PDT 2022

Hello,

I'm stuck! I am trying to program my KT-8900D with CHIRP, and I keep
getting error messages, depending on which pc/laptop I use.

All of these are running Windows 7.  In each case I want to "Download
from Radio." And I have hooked up the programming cable after turning
the radio off.

With my HP PC: After connecting the radio and turning it on, the
'cloning process' window comes up, then the the pc returns the message:
"An error has occurred. Error reading data from radio."

With my Lenovo Laptop: Same set up. Error message is "Bad ack from radio."

With my Dell Laptop: Same setup. No matter which com port I specify, I
get the error message: "could not open port (X): [Error 2] The system
could not find the file specified."

Any advice that can be offered will be greatly appreciated. BTW, all
three of these computers worked fine with CHIRP earlier. I do not know
what went wrong.

Thanks, -73-

Tom KX7TRW