[chirp_users] Import Export missing

Jim Unroe
Thu Sep 8 17:25:30 PDT 2022

You don't import or export to/from the radio. You download from and
upload to the radio. Only a tap that is compatible with your radio can
be uploaded to your radio. For your radio, the tab's left side of the
label will say something like "Baofeng UV-9R: {somefilename}.img".
Unless the left side of the label displays "Baofeng UV-9R:" it isn't
compatible with your radio and shouldn't be uploaded.

If you are dealing with a CSV file that was saved from CHIRP,
externally edited and then loaded back into CHIRP, that is your
problem. A CSV file cannot be directly uploaded to any radio. You have
to have a tab open that is compatible with your radio. In other words
it must be a tab that was created by downloading from the radio or
reopened by loading a saved *.img file that was previously downloaded
and then saved from the radio. It is this "compatible tab" that you
would import the CSV file into so it can then be uploaded back to the
radio.

Jim KC9HI