[chirp_users] UV5r questio

Jim Unroe
Thu Sep 8 09:35:16 PDT 2022

When the original UV-5R was introduced back in early 2012 and support was
added to CHIRP shortly after that, the VHF band limits were VHF Low: 136
and VHF High: 174. This provided a STEP compatible frequency range from
136.0000 - 173.9975 MHz. This is why CHIRP is currently considering that
174.000 is "out of supported range".

It was recently realized that many UV-5R radios since 2014 have been
shipping with the band limits updated to VHF Low: 130 and VHF High: 176
which provides a range that includes 174.000 MHz. It was just earlier this
week that I submitted a patch that will update CHIRP to all this newer
range. Once this patch is approved, the following CHIRP daily build will
support frequencies up to 175.9975 MHz.

Jim KC9HI