[chirp_users] gmail & chirp.exe

Jim Unroe
Wed Oct 12 20:03:53 PDT 2022

#1 This won't work. It is solely the ".img" extension that gmail
blocks. Gmail temporarily extracts the file names within the ZIP file
(even if it is encrypted with a password) and if the ".img" extension
is present, the ZIP file will be blocked.

#2 It has nothing to do with Windows. You could be using Linux or
macOS. If the file has a ".img" extension (even if it is simply a text
file with the .img added to the end or the .txt changed to .img),
gmail will block it.

As mentioned by the OP, a simple workaround is to tack on a different
extension. ".txt" works. I have been using ".dat".