[chirp_users] Daily build 11/28/22 incomplete?

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 29 05:08:24 PST 2022

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 3:39 AM jeramy cleghorn <klikmaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the most recent daily build and installed it.
>
> What model(s) listed are compatible with these two radios?
>
> #1 Baofeng BF-F9 V2N
> and
> #2 Baofeng UV9RPlus
> ???
> I saw them listed on the main CHIRP page but don't see them in the program's list.
> Help please?

Many times the suffix added to a Baofeng radio's main model number
means little when it comes to programming a radio. It is often little
more than an indication that this model was produced for a particular
dealer/vendor or that the electronics of a common base model has been
packaged in a different case.

The rule of thumb for UV-5R look-a-like radios such as the BF-F9 V2N is...

2 power levels, 2 bands - Vendor: Baofeng | Model: UV-5R
3 power levels, 2 bands - Vendor: Baofeng | Model: BF-F8HP
2 power levels, 3 bands - Vendor: Radioddity | Model: UV-5RX3

The following are from the Supported Radio Models list on the CHIRP home page,

Radio #1
Baofeng/Pofung
* BF-F9V2+ (use BF-F8HP)

Radio #2