[chirp_users] UV-5RE Plus Working Model Settings query

Jim Unroe
Mon May 16 06:56:50 PDT 2022

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 7:44 AM <dpbarry at barryweb.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Folks.
>
> Have just set up my UV-5RE Plus with relevant channels and settings but
> one that is causing me a bit of a head scratcher in the Work Mode
> Settings is the MR A Channel and MR B Channel.
>
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but I set these two fields up to hold
> location 16 and location 60 as 'Defaults' so that no matter what channel
> I left it at when I switched the radio off, when I switched it back on
> again, it would revert back to the 'Defaults'
>
> If I have understood this facility correctly, it isn't doing it. If I
> move off a default channel using the up or down arrow then switch the
> radio off then back on again, it stays at the last positions - it
> doesn't revert back to the defaults.
>
> Have I misintrepreted this??
>
> Regards
>
> Declan

Setting up values in the Work Mode Setting tab does nothing but
preselect those values so that once the upload is completed, those
will be the selections when you start "working" with your radio.
Nothing more.

If you want your radio set to channels 16 and 60 when you turn it on,
you will have to make sure it is set to those channels before you turn
it off.