[chirp_users] [blind-hams] Anybody using chirp software?

Chuck Hast
Fri Mar 25 20:38:56 PDT 2022

This is pure BS and FUD from Yaesu. They have propagated
this now for years. The issue from what I understand is improper
memory protection, you can brick the radios with their software
too.

FYI.
I refuse to purchase Yaesu radios, there are many reasons
but the big one is they are all proprietary, they want to run
a walled garden in ham radio, Their digital radios are a very
good example of this. The protocol is proprietary, just try to
put it in your radio, you will have Yaesu bottom feeder critters
a knocking on your door.

If their programming software was so good why do so many
prefer Chirp (this is not a critique of Chirp and the developers,
Chirp is like a Swiss Army knife) to program their radios. And
also they send you off to Windows based crap that is RT
Systems... Again proprietary...

Sorry folks, but this is amateur radio and I do not believe
proprietary has a place in our hobby.

Best Regards.

--

Chuck -- KP4DJT