[chirp_users] Fw: [blind-hams] Anybody using chirp software?

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Fri Mar 25 20:38:51 PDT 2022

There is no difference between digital and analogue channels EXCEPT the MODE is either FM or DIGITAL so Chirp can write to the "digital" channels. It just can't set MODE to DIGITAL.

> On 25/03/2022 23:04 D.J.J. Ring, Jr. <n1ea at arrl.net> wrote:
>

> That makes it crystal clear.
>
> Glenn, K0LNY and the rest of us now have a clear answer. CHIRP cannot read or write to the digital channels!
>
> Fabulous!
>
> 73
>
> David
> N1EA
>

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2022, 10:47 PM Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF <nigel at ngunn.net mailto:nigel at ngunn.net > wrote:
>
> > At least for the Yaesu FT-70, I don't have other Yaesu digital radios, Chirp will program frequencies, repeater shift etc. needed for the analogue FM mode but will not let you select digital as a mode or allow the setting of callsigns, etc required tor Fusion/Wires-X use.
> >
> > > On 25/03/2022 22:33 D.J.J. Ring, Jr. <n1ea at arrl.net mailto:n1ea at arrl.net > wrote:
> > >

> > > Nigel,
> > >
> > > I'm confused - which is probably the way I came out at birth, but
> > > isn't the Yaesu Fusion a digital mode?
> > >
> > > Can CHIRP work with at least the non-digital channels of transceivers
> > > like YAESU FT1DR?  That's a Fusion radio but I don't see it listed on
> > > https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Supported_Radios
> > >
> > > Other Yaesu Fusion radios are:
> > >
> > > FT1DR
> > > FT2DR
> > > FT3DR
> > > FT5DR
> > > FT-70DR
> > > FTM-100DR
> > > FTM-300DR
> > > FTM-400DR
> > > FTM-3200DR
> > > FTM-3207DR
> > > FTM-7250DR
> > > FT-991
> > >
> > > I see in supported radios, that these are listed:
> > >
> > > FTM-3100 (use FTM-3200D selection)
> > > FTM-3200D
> > >
> > > I don't know if FTM-3200D is different than FTM-3200DR
> > >
> > > Could you help unconfuse me, I don't know much about Yaesu digital radios.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > 73
> > >
> > > David N1EA

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net