[chirp_users] Fw: [blind-hams] Anybody using chirp software?

Ken Hansen
Fri Mar 25 15:48:08 PDT 2022

John Kruk has a history of casting doubt on various items hams like to use with their Yaesu radios - he is quick to disparage Hotspots and now apparently CHIRP.

On almost every Yaesu/Fusion radio I've seen, it takes several particular steps to update the firmware on their radios, none of which are required to read/program their radios.

I think John is muddying the waters by reminding owners they are responsible for all repair costs when they 'brick' their radios using tools not 'blessed' by Yaesu.

Ken, N2VIP