[chirp_users] Duplex off with Baofeng uv-5r8w

Ken Hansen
Wed Mar 23 18:30:27 PDT 2022

I don't understand - I've read your description several times, and I can't follow it.

Are you trying to transmit close to a band edge and the duplex function locks the radio when the offset is outside the authorized band?

Duplex is a menu item, set per channel, you can set it to + positive, - negative, or off (simplex).

Additionally, you can set the size of the offset in the menu.

Menu items can be changed either through the programming software or the radio's "front panel"

Ken, N2VIP