[chirp_users] Using Chirp In The CLI

K0LNY_Glenn
Fri Mar 18 17:43:26 PDT 2022

I was able to get sound back, I did the following in an SSH session.
I think this happened when I updated 18.04 to its LTS version.
The only thing I don't know if it only fixed the audio until the next boot, or if it is fixed for good:

In such situations, it might be related to a permission issue with the
pulseaudio config file. Try to run the commands below in order to fix this :
killall pulseaudio; rm -r ~/.config/pulse/*
Selection of the correct sound device
Some Linux computers have several sound devices installed.
* Now I'm trying to edit the Kenwood 2000 CSV file.
Does anyone have one that I can edit the fields for?
It didn't like the CSV file for my Kenwood TH-F6.

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Cooper
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2022 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Using Chirp In The CLI

There is chirpc, which is a CLI tool for Chirp. It's limited in what it can do compared to the GUI, but depending on your needs, you may be able to use that. If you run chirpc with '--help', you'll get a long list of options and commands. To be honest, I'm not sure how comprehensible the output from that will be for you. However, there are options for download, upload, and working with individual memories, which might get you going.

Hope that helps.

Martin.
KD6YAM