[chirp_users] Retevis RA 685: Transmit open, but not on programmed channels

Jim Unroe
Wed Mar 16 05:24:47 PDT 2022

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 7:05 AM Andreas Führmann via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> just aquired an RA 685 and programmed it with Chirp. For emergency reasons I have also added frequencies outside of the ham band. Now the mistery begins. The radio came open with transmit from 136 to 178 MHz and from 400 to 480 MHz, which is working without any problem but only in VFO mode. When I go to channel mode f.I. on 446 MHz (European PMR), it will not transmit. Maybe I‘ve overseen a check box or is there any trick to overcome this issue? Thanks in advance.
>
> 73 de DC3AFA, Andy

Hi Andy,

It is not a mystery. CHIRP has been programmed to behave the same way
the factory programming software works (TX/RX 144-148 MHz and 430-440
MHz). Unlike the factory software, CHIRP allows you to also add RX
only frequencies in the 136-174 MHz and 400-480 MHz range.