[chirp_users] How to enter uplink & downlink tones

Jim Unroe
Mon Jun 6 14:37:25 PDT 2022

Hi Greg,

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 2:23 PM Gregory Beyer <greg at beyerusa.net> wrote:

> Hi, I'm a new amateur so sorry if this seems a dumb question.
>
> For repeaters with only an uplink tone, one simply selects "Tone" in Tone mode and selects the single tone to get into the repeater.
>
> Some repeaters list both an uplink and a downlink tone.  In this case, which Tone mode option do I select?  And in which property do I enter the downlink tone?

A downlink tone is never required. So you are always good to only
configure an uplink tone as you described above. But in the case where
you want to also have a downlink tone and the uplink/downlink tones
are the same you set Tone Mode = TSQL and set the ToneSql field to the
desired single tone (the Tone field is not used).

Where the uplink and downlink tones are different use Tone Mode =
Cross and configure Cross Mode as described by the guide mentioned in
another reply.