[chirp_users] What is wrong here?

John La
Mon Jun 6 13:15:49 PDT 2022

When you say there is no voice on the carrier when using a repeater, are to listening to the signal from your radio or from the repeater.
If you are listening to your repeaters output, you are probably experiencing what is referred to as Desense .

While your monitoring radio is listening to the repeater's output frequency, the radio you are trying to hear is on the repeater's input. (two different frequencies).

Because they are so close, your transmit radio (being on a different frequency) is overloading your receiver.

Try this. Place your monitoring radio in another room to give them some separation. This additional spacing should keep your TX radio from overloading your RX radio.
You need to listen to your signal on the same frequency.

Is this a possibility?

Stay safe and healthy.

John   K3NXU