[chirp_users] Not Accessible In Chirp

K0LNY_Glenn
Sat Jul 30 22:34:43 PDT 2022

Hi All,
So I've made progress on my RaspberryPi 4.
Bull'seye.
In LXDE desktop, Chirp did not show up after I installed it in the CLI, and
LXDE was challenging with the screenreader Orca anyway.
I installed mate and Orca works much better, and Chirp was in accessories,
as it is in Ubuntu.
So here's the new rub.
I launch Chirp, and it does not speak with Orca the screenreader.
I did alt D and heard the bleeps when I was at the top and bottom of the
port list, so I am pretty sure it's working, just not with a screenreader.
I did the snap chirp install.
I may try it with another TTS in Orca, but I don't think that will make a
difference.
Glenn