[chirp_users] Icom ID-5100A (was Re: Linux CHIRP, ICOM 7100, "unicode strings" error)

Chuck Hast
Wed Jul 27 11:05:06 PDT 2022

Right now my 5100 is setting on a table, I am not using
it at this moment but will be, if someone can use it to do
the coding I am quite willing to ship it to them so they
can get on it.

I was trying to remember the Icom program, it was not
much, indeed I used it to write code plugs for the radio
and load them on the memory card, then shove the card
into the radio.

I do recall that the radio when it was connected to the
application, looked more like remote control of the radio
than actual programming, but you were able to download
and upload the memories, but it was all faster just to fiddle
the bits on the memory card.