[chirp_users] Baofeng HP9+ won't read

K0LNY_Glenn
Tue Jul 19 20:14:51 PDT 2022

Well I was able to read and write to this BF F9 with the software link you
sent, but it needs a .DAT file to import, so it looks like my Chirp CSV
won't work.
Now to figure out why Chirp doesn't work.
Thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Unroe" <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng HP9+ won't read

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 8:55 PM K0LNY_Glenn <glenn at ervin.email> wrote:

> I have a cable that I can unplug from the USB and connect another cable,
> but
> I just looked at and it is also a male that goes into the USB part, and
> the
> three single cables that came with the set are male at both ends, so
> there's
> no way to join them.
> My cable kit also came with two two pin plugs, and only one of those fit
> the
> Baofengs, and that is what I was using.
> I was just looking in the BF F9u+ manual and it mentioned cloning from one
> to the other, but I only have a UV5R to clone from, and it might not be
> good
> to clone between different models anyway.
> I thought I'd look for some Baofeng software, but I don't find a download
> link on their site, maybe their site isn't screenreader friendly.
> Glenn

If you have a programming cable that works for your UV-5R, then the
same programming cable will work for the BF-F9. The fit and finish of
these radios are not the best so it is common for the 2 pins of the
cable to not fully insert and fully make contact with the 2 holes of
the socket. Sometimes you have to press on the plug (sometimes really
hard) during the cloning process to make full contact.

You can get the OEM software from the miklor.com website. Here's a
link to the page: https://www.miklor.com/F8HP/F8HP-Software.php

It is saved in .RAR format so you may need a file archival program
that supports *.rar files (but you should be OK if you are using
Ubuntu to download and extract the file). But the OEM software will
only run on Windows and I don't think Windows supports *.rar files. I
use 7-zip as my utility to handle ZIP, TAR, RAR, etc archive files.

But no programming software can work until you provide a working
connection between the computer and radio.